No announcement yet.

Unigine 2.7 Continues With Graphics Improvements, Updated Editor & SDK Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine 2.7 Continues With Graphics Improvements, Updated Editor & SDK Updates

Phoronix: Unigine 2.7 Continues With Graphics Improvements, Updated Editor & SDK Updates

The visually stunning and technically advanced Unigine 2 engine that is well supported on Linux is out with a new release, Unigine 2.7. Unigine 2.7 rolls out with updated SDK offerings of Unigine 2 Entertainment, Unigine 2 Engineering, and Unigine 2 Sim depending upon your commercial needs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lots of games use Unity but very few use Unigine, despite it looking better. Why is that? Is it pricing, documentation, that it's made by Russians?

Comment

Alright, want to start developing a game? If Unity is your choice, then you literally just download it for free and start using it right now, and also find that there's tons of documentation and video tutorials available everywhere. On the other hand if Unigine is your choice.. then, I don't even know actually, seems like there's no direct download link, I suppose you request a trial, but be prepared to pay at the very least over $1000 if you want to actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
        Alright, want to start developing a game? If Unity is your choice, then you literally just download it for free and start using it right now, and also find that there's tons of documentation and video tutorials available everywhere. On the other hand if Unigine is your choice.. then, I don't even know actually, seems like there's no direct download link, I suppose you request a trial, but be prepared to pay at the very least over $1000 if you want to actually use it.
        And hiring Unity devs is easy, while you'll have to search and probably pay top dollar to get someone already familiar with Unigine. Which is even more important if you're using Unigine, given the lack of documentation and community around it.

Comment

Working...
        X