Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Having Problems Seeing Graphs In Our Latest Articles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Having Problems Seeing Graphs In Our Latest Articles?

Phoronix: Are You Having Problems Seeing Graphs In Our Latest Articles?

Over the weekend a number of readers reported that they haven't been able to see any of the benchmark graphs shown within our numerous Linux performance articles. This is due to an issue outside of our control and related to your browser plugins...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have no problems with graphs but your ads look like this on mobile for some reason:

Comment

Those are browser extensions, not plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Imroy View Post
        Those are browser extensions, not plugins.
        I always thought that words «addon», «plugin», and «extension» are synonyms, and are interchangeable.

Comment

Adblock Plus only blocks obtrusive ads. It has a whitelist of unobtrusive ads that are deemed "Acceptable Ads" and hence are not blocked.

If websites want to run obtrusive advertisements, then that is their problem.
          If you want advertisement to reach me, then unobtrusive ads is the way to go.

Adblock Plus introduces the Acceptable Ads initiative: Support websites that rely on advertising but choose to do it in a nonintrusive way.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Adblock Plus only blocks obtrusive ads. It has a whitelist of unobtrusive ads that are deemed "Acceptable Ads" and hence are not blocked.

If websites want to run obtrusive advertisements, then that is their problem.
            If you want advertisement to reach me, then unobtrusive ads is the way to go.

https://adblockplus.org/acceptable-ads
            Yeah, the graphs are so obtrusive…

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
              I always thought that words «addon», «plugin», and «extension» are synonyms, and are interchangeable.
              Look at the add-ons menu in Firefox: there are different tabs for extensions and plugins. Hint: Flash is a plugin, AdBlock is an extension.

Fwiw, I have both AdBlock and NoScript installed. AdBlock is disabled on Phoronix and I have not noticed any missing graph.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                Fwiw, I have both AdBlock and NoScript installed. AdBlock is disabled on Phoronix and I have not noticed any missing graph.
                With AdBlock disabled, you should certainly see the graphs. Also with NoScript where JS becomes disabled, OpenBenchmarking/PTS has built-in serving of fallback graphs.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Look at the add-ons menu in Firefox: there are different tabs for extensions and plugins. Hint: Flash is a plugin, AdBlock is an extension.
                  Okay, so, if I'm using Evil-mode in my Emacs — is it a plugin or an extension?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
                    Okay, so, if I'm using Evil-mode in my Emacs — is it a plugin or an extension?
                    Yes, it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X