Report: Feminists Trying To Frame Open-Source Leaders For Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Feminists Trying To Frame Open-Source Leaders For Harassment

Phoronix: Report: Feminists Trying To Frame Open-Source Leaders For Harassment

According to well-known open-source contributor Eric S Raymond, various "feminists" are trying to frame Linus Trovalds for sexual harassment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is an _extremely_ inflammatory and irresponsible headline.

Comment

Originally posted by axfelix View Post
      This is an _extremely_ inflammatory and irresponsible headline.
      I would say its _extremely_ accurate too.
      Just because YOU get inflamed by it does not mean everyone does.

Comment

If you go to the linked article though the headline matches it perfectly. It is the exact message being relayed by Breitbart and Eric S. Raymond. Though it might help to change the title to something like "Some Feminists..." so that it doesn't get construed as a portrayal of all feminists which at this rate it probably will.

Comment

Clickbait on Phoronix - news at 6!

Comment

Originally posted by axfelix
            "SJW" is basically used as a slur at this point.
            Many people self identify as "SJW". Are you against calling people by their preferred names?

Comment

I tought this is bot job

Comment

Time to start hitting back at these SJWs. It's gone way overboard.

Comment

I'm horrified to see this garbage on Phoronix. No evidence, other than a completely unverifiable and paranoid sounding IRC conversation.

Complete and utter garbage. And of course all of the sad, poor, weak, downtrodden white men are in a huge huff over it.

Disappointing Michael... disappointing...

Comment

Well, basically Eric has an anonymous source who is saying this.

Can we trust him? No idea, since we don't know who it is.

I certainly wouldn't take any chances, but odds are this is a bunch of smoke - somebody passing on a rumor they heard once.

Comment

Working...
                    X