Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Silicon CPUFreq Driver Heading To Linux 6.2

Phoronix: Apple Silicon CPUFreq Driver Heading To Linux 6.2

With the upcoming Linux 6.2 kernel cycle the Apple Silicon CPU frequency scaling driver is set to be mainlined for further improving the Apple M1/M2 SoC support on the mainline kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so linux goes straightforward to show the real power of apple arm-hardware - which apple can't fully deliver - i am looking forward - for the next kernel releases to see the progress.

Comment

I'm using this (Asahi Linux with the new GPU drivers and Gnome+GDM) on an M2 MacBook Air and an M1 Mac Mini, and both are doing fantastic. I wanted to test out Blender with it, but since their newer renderer requires OGL 3.3, it's too early for hardware acceleration on that.

There's also color profiles, maybe HDR, and screen refresh rates, but that's not on the experimental MESA to fix.

Still, it's far less load on my processor (which was heavily engaged frequently for llvmpipe), and that frees it up to run on far more things.

Comment

Working...
      X