AMD Zen 3 "Family 19h" Enablement Beginning With The Linux 5.6 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Zen 3 "Family 19h" Enablement Beginning With The Linux 5.6 Kernel

Phoronix: AMD Zen 3 "Family 19h" Enablement Beginning With The Linux 5.6 Kernel

With the upcoming Linux 5.6 kernel cycle will be the first of many patches to come surrounding AMD Zen 3 "Family 19h" support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just to be clear, the first things they are upstreaming are the parts they forget previously? Like ktemp and MCE?

Comment

the amd_nv driver
      amd_nvidia?
      Amd_nevermind?
      Amd_neveragain?

Comment

Let's hope they have a smooth launch and day 1 support when their 19h processors debut.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

amd_nvidia?
          Amd_nevermind?
          Amd_neveragain?
          probably nv means nonvolatile is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

probably nv means nonvolatile is my guess.
            More like a typo or misread... in the article it's "amd_nb". Quick search through the kernel tree shows "amd_nb.c" is the file for AMD north bridge driver support.

Comment

amd_nvidia?
              Amd_nevermind?
              Amd_neveragain?
              ^ said no one who's actually bought a Zen CPU. Intel, on the other hand...

Comment

amd_nvidia?
                Amd_nevermind?
                Amd_neveragain?
                AMD NonVolatile? :>

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
                  Let's hope they have a smooth launch and day 1 support when their 19h processors debut.
                  I ended up not being able/willing to wait anymore and just ordered the part (most of them anyways) to do a Ryzen build. I was in bad need for a decent desktop machine having suffered on a laptop for too long now. In nay event the good point here is hopefully stable components leaving me with the ability to wait out the new hardware bring up.

Comment

If Zen 3 really does implement SMT4 I'm going to have a "Sayonara Intel" party.

It's awesome watching a greedy immoral company like Intel finally getting their comeuppance!

Comment

Working...
                    X