Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i9 9900KS Linux Benchmarks Are Coming

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 9900KS Linux Benchmarks Are Coming

The Intel Core i9 9900KS is still on track for shipping this month as the revived Coffeelake CPU that is capable of hitting an all-core turbo frequency of 5.0GHz. Linux benchmarks of the Core i9 9900KS are coming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what it costs Intel to make one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
      At this point, it's next to nothing. Pennies. This is still 14 nm remember. Intel has been milking that 14 nm fab since 2015, so it's all creme (for intel) at this point.

Also check the fine print on this one. It has a high TDP of 127 watts, but intel only guarantees the base frequency at this TDP. That means if you want to see anything close to the 5 Ghz claim, the TDP is going through the roof. I'm betting it's 180+ watts at all-core 5 Ghz. Good luck with that.

I wouldn't bother with this sad yet-another-Skylake-respin chip.
      Last edited by torsionbar28; 28 October 2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering if this is perhaps intel trying to steal AMD's 16-core Ryzen 9 3950X thunder ahead of its rumoured November launch?

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
          I'm wondering if this is perhaps intel trying to steal AMD's 16-core Ryzen 9 3950X thunder ahead of its rumoured November launch?
          The 3950X release was delayed AFAIK, so it is likely just a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
            Same as a regular 9900K, this is just that chip binned to find the best silicon available.

Comment

Working...
            X