A few questions about forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about forum

Hello. I have a few questions about the forum.

First question:

- How do I earn ranks on the website? (the one displayed following a user's name, e.g. Senior Member) Is it based on request, on the "health bar", on the user's age, or what?

Second question:

- What does the "health bar" under the rank indicate? Is it reputation, post count, activity, total time, or something else?

Third question:

- Why does the "Show More" button when viewing a user's activity page display the same posts when pressing it for the first time?

Thank you in advance (I hope saying that is allowed here).

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Hello. I have a few questions about the forum.
    First question:

- How do I earn ranks on the website? (the one displayed following a user's name, e.g. Senior Member) Is it based on request, on the "health bar", on the user's age, or what?

The stock ones like set you to senior member I think after 100 posts, etc. Then the developers that work for major vendors/projects usually set them manually and most others are set manually. With all the spell checking you do, let me know what you want your title to be and happy to set it.

- What does the "health bar" under the rank indicate? Is it reputation, post count, activity, total time, or something else?

Honestly, not sure... Something of vBulletin (the forum software).

- Why does the "Show More" button when viewing a user's activity page display the same posts when pressing it for the first time?

VBulletin is funky with some things.

Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have a quetion too, how do I post ? My posts say "unapproved" and then vanish, but the welcome message I got signing up today says only posts with URLs and pictures go thru moderation for new users.

Comment

Originally posted by sordna View Post
        I have a quetion too, how do I post ? My posts say "unapproved" and then vanish, but the welcome message I got signing up today says only posts with URLs and pictures go thru moderation for new users.
        Until you have 5 confirmed posts, they go into a moderation queue just to make sure you are not a spam bot. Now you passed that, so should be fine for future posts.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X