Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoromatic client config - undocumented in 5.4 docs

According to the PDF,

"Further configuration of the setup parameters for the Phoromatic Server and Phoronix Test Suite clients can be tuned via the ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml file. All control and configuration of the Phoromatic Server is done via the web-based interface when the Phoromatic Server is active."

I have been searching high and low, but none of this appears to exist on the web in any form of documentation. Without a complete reference for the user-config.xml file it is impossible to properly configure either slave of server instances.

Did you open the user-config.xml file in your browser? It should provide documentation on each option. I know it works in Firefox but might be a problem in Chrome, when viewing the XML file, it should load an XSL stylesheet to provide the documentation.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So I need to ssh to the cloud instance, pull down the XML file that doesnt have any other options in it, and open it in Firefox on my workstation to view some sort of metadata? If that is the case then I would suggest maybe that should be documented. I don't see how the missing attributes are supposed to magically populate in that file if I cant see them in VI or Nano, but I am still dumb enough to try it.

Comment

Opening this XML file in Firefox produces the following:

FALSE
        FALSE
        FALSE
        FALSE

TRUE

toggle_screensaver, update_checker, graphics_event_checker

FALSE
        TRUE
        FALSE
        FALSE
        ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/
        ~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/

TRUE
        FALSE
        FALSE

~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/
        FALSE
        TRUE

TRUE

TRUE
        FALSE
        TRUE
        TRUE
        TRUE
        TRUE
        TRUE
        FALSE

FALSE

I thought maybe you were a wizard because there is no reason that should work. No luck.

Thanks.

Comment

It should show the documentation next to each value. I've never run into a problem with Firefox not loading the stylesheet, but otherwise you can manually read it from https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...fig-viewer.xsl
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow. That is ugly. Since you seem to be dead set against documenting these fields somewhere, could you at least document how to find them using the stylesheet on the site? The PDF that you posted is pretty useless for trying to figure any of this out.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello, are there any changes in documenting configuration? Something changed in the Phoronix behavior and I try to fix it but without configuration docs it's very difficult

Comment

Working...
              X