Clear All

• Regenwald
    replied
    well, you know what i mean

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Regenwald View Post
    great michael! thanks for this! i'm really impressed by your speed and your free time/ability to implement our wishes! again thank you!
    Sure, no problem. It's not exactly "free time" though

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    great michael! thanks for this! i'm really impressed by your speed and your free time/ability to implement our wishes! again thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Regenwald: Right now pts is using the example configurations.

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    well, i think this configuration (aka .fio-data) from this software presentation (http://www.linux.com/feature/131063) should do the beginning. it seems to create a heavy workload. unfortunatly, i don't know about io-specific functions. oh i just looked into the .tar.gz, there are already several exemples integrated, such as the intel file server acces pattern (official for workstation & fileservers), several client-server-network jobs and so on. some really exciting stuff
    so my propose is to just take a look at it and think about it.
    you can find the exemples in the "exemples"-dir in the tar.gz.

ps: did you read about this?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    unfortunaly, i'm lacked of needed skills to write patches
    Well, if you can then just tell me all the fio arguments you'd like and other specifics, I can write the patch.

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    Discussion & collaboration on the Phoronix Test Suite software and specification.

unfortunaly, i'm lacked of needed skills to write patches

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    sad, sad, still(?) no fio-profile. did you take a look at it?
    io-performance is the most important performance-criteria which follows cpu/ram-performance...
    When did you mention that? I don't recall seeing any requests for it (best way is to create a new thread). Anyhow, in git master (for what will be Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.4) is now a profile called fio with the fio test profile. However, right now it's rather basic and just measures the total time to run fio. If you have extensive knowledge with fio, I'd gladly accept patches to extend its functionality of this profile.

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    sad, sad, still(?) no fio-profile. did you take a look at it?
    io-performance is the most important performance-criteria which follows cpu/ram-performance...

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Bonnie++ needs to be patched to compile on GCC 4.3+.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X