• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Tober View Post
    Hello,

I have a question! I want to make a filesystem-test like this here with btrfs, ext3, ext4,... but my problems are:

How can I change my filesystem without delete everything? Is it possible do make the benchmark test on a seperate harddisk?

can somebody help me?

Thanks for help!
    See the documentation regarding make-download-cache and then editing ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml to update the respective benchmark location.

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Tober
    replied
    nobody can help?

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Tober
    replied
    Phoronix test suite

Hello,

I have a question! I want to make a filesystem-test like this here with btrfs, ext3, ext4,... but my problems are:

How can I change my filesystem without delete everything? Is it possible do make the benchmark test on a seperate harddisk?

can somebody help me?

Thanks for help!

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    I'm quite content with the OS I'm using, thanks...

Leave a comment:

• uncle_fungus
    replied
    What are you doing to try and run the tests?

If you used the installer, you just type:

Code:
    phoronix-test-suite run <test-name>

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Star
    replied
    Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    I'm just waiting on a gui myself, to avoid all of this confusion. However, the .deb they have is dead easy to install, not sure why did you go the manual way.
    I did the same no problem in install but the problem is in using .. btw check my Mandrva Spring Edition review

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    maybe he did not have an apt based distro. An the manual install is really easy :

tar xzvf pts0.xx.tar.gz
    cd phoronix-test-suite
    ./install.sh

that's all it is. Not exactly difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    I'm just waiting on a gui myself, to avoid all of this confusion. However, the .deb they have is dead easy to install, not sure why did you go the manual way.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    the benchmark is super-pi not super-p1. that could be your mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Star
    replied
    Originally posted by uncle_fungus View Post
    Did you actually try and use the proper test installation method that I mentioned a few posts back? It is almost impossible to do it wrong.
    Yep the same method no mistakes.. I was using Ubuntu but currently testing Mandriva. So though if this suite works for me then it would be gr8 if put some bechies on the review

Leave a comment:

Working...
X