No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Maker Canonical Announces New Collaboration With Qualcomm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So every wifi adapter comes with a forced snaps installation. even on win by making use of wsl.

cool - can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
      Wake me up when Canonical starts doing something useful to Linux community. We didn't forget how they robbed us of Unity on desktop.
      Get over it snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        So every wifi adapter comes with a forced snaps installation. even on win by making use of wsl.

cool - can't wait
        Containerization is the future….sorry….the present. It’s time to drag Linux kicking and screaming if need be from the 1960’s Unix mindset. Snaps are superior to Flatpak and the laughable App Image. This is demonstrable. But you have a choice in Linux container protocols where you don’t have that with ChromeOS, Android or Apple. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
          Wake me up when Canonical starts doing something useful to Linux community. We didn't forget how they robbed us of Unity on desktop.
          Funny enough, the ones guilty of killing Unity was the linux community!

you forgot all the shit they gave Ubuntu because of Mir and Unity?

Forgot that they did Unity because of gnome ?

Anyways, its over.

Comment

I honestly hoped that AMD was the company that was going to replace Intel but since we only crap on them no matter how well they treat the FOSS community, we are now going to be under Qualcomm.

If you think that ngreedia proprietary tech is bad , wait until Qualcomm have us by the shorts ones.

Fun times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

Funny enough, the ones guilty of killing Unity was the linux community!

you forgot all the shit they gave Ubuntu because of Mir and Unity?

Forgot that they did Unity because of gnome ?

Anyways, its over.
              When I look at your posts and history, I see only heavy demagoguery.

From time to time someone appears in the discussion who still enjoys refuting this nonsense.

Well, I won't be today.​

Who is actually on your white list? It seems to me that there is no company left that you would not rely on.
              The main thing is that you use the products of all these companies every day.
              Last edited by Rovano; 11 April 2024, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
                Containerization is the future….sorry….the present. It’s time to drag Linux kicking and screaming if need be from the 1960’s Unix mindset. Snaps are superior to Flatpak and the laughable App Image. This is demonstrable. But you have a choice in Linux container protocols where you don’t have that with ChromeOS, Android or Apple. Get over it.
                can you tell me how exactly is snaps superior to Flatpak and AppImage ? because i use flatpak and appimage but of course i would never use snaps.
                in the past i did use Canonical distros (Kubuntu) but then microsoft invested money into Canonical and this was to much for me i did quit.

in my point of view microsoft was in kronos group sapotaged openGL just to make sure it will fail against DirectX...
                and everything what these microsoft minions do is to sapotage open standards just like they did with mir vs wayland.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by klokik View Post

Oh come on, they already demoed snapdragon based smartbooks, like what, fifteen years ago? Where are these now?
                  Qualcomm does not want you to have a well-supported laptop that you will use for years. They want to sell you, and your business new chips each two years, because previous ones are now out of support window and will have unpatched vulnerabilities. And the closer their software stack is, the better for them. Given that that neither of their direct competitors have technological advantage (except maybe Apple, thus Snapdragon X might be a bit better than existing qcom offerings) things are unlikely to change in the nearest term.
                  I hope you're wrong and that we can foster a more FOSS friendly attitude among ARM manufacturers. I'm not migrating to a locked down platform.

Comment

Working...
                  X