Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arm China Looking At Upstreaming Their "Zhouyi" NPU Driver Into The Linux Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm China Looking At Upstreaming Their "Zhouyi" NPU Driver Into The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Arm China Looking At Upstreaming Their "Zhouyi" NPU Driver Into The Linux Kernel

Arm China is looking at upstreaming their "Zhouyi" NPU driver into the Linux kernel via the recently-created accelerator "accel" subsystem. The Arm China Neural Processing Unit (NPU) driver in its current form has both an open-source kernel and user-space stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

China? No, thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      China? No, thanks...
      So called free tinker when their government tells them to hate group of people on the other side of the earth

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

So called free tinker when their government tells them to hate group of people on the other side of the earth
        I don't hate Chinese, I even have very nice Chinese friends here and overseas. I even love many of their food and culture, even buy at local Chinese food shops.

I hate the China government, so they hate it too. Those that emigrated to my country did it because government issues or political dissidents. The few those that stay in China have a big family and business and have issues to relocate.

China is a very fascist extremist capitalist government disguised as fake communist. A few of them practice Falung Gong. Their people are oppresed by it. Its even worse than occidental countries.

Do you know their social points system? Or their prisons and work camps?

Comment

China is a very fascist extremist capitalist government disguised as fake communist. A few of them practice Falung Gong. Their people are oppresed by it. Its even worse than occidental countries.

Do you know their social points system? Or their prisons and work camps?
          Open your eyes.

Comment

I don't hate Chinese, I even have very nice Chinese friends here and overseas. ....
            I think, we should appreciate even when a bad guys do a good thing. This is a good thing. The right step. Don't involve politics here.

Comment

Originally posted by simsilver View Post

Open your eyes.
              Don't waste time talking sense to people who have none. In fact, most Chinese will prefer such people to continue keeping their eyes wilfully closed for as long as possible. Makes the impact even more satisfying in future.

That this person feels the need to point out how those "friends" share common government hate and political dissidency should tell you what kind of riff-raff he associates with.

The whole "I'm not racist I'm not xenophobic, i have so-and-so friends of XXX nationality" garbage is so tired and a dead giveaway.
              Last edited by Sonadow; 28 March 2024, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pranav View Post

I think, we should appreciate even when a bad guys do a good thing. This is a good thing. The right step. Don't involve politics here.
                When the "bad guys" are repressive and expansionist and have massive ARMies that need modern technology to serve their objectives, politics just may become interested in you.

Yes, the principle of open source reflects the best qualities of humanity, but we need to be mindful of the 'unintended consequences' too.​

Comment

You mean like we should ack anything ARM China after they practically stole their branch from the mother company?
                  100% under the supervision of the government. I don't care if ARM claims it has regained control.

Nope. Not until hell freezes over.

Comment

Are there any (western) NPUs, such as Nvidia Jetson or Hailo-8, with FOSS (upstream) kernel and userland drivers?
                    Last edited by rettichschnidi; 29 March 2024, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X