Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL's 2D Render API Getting Improved With New Batching System

Phoronix: SDL's 2D Render API Getting Improved With New Batching System

Prolific Linux game porter/developer Ryan Gordon has been tackling improvements to the SDL2 library's 2D rendering code with the introduction of a batching system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any way I can RenderCopy with a floating-point rectangle? (otherwise I am limited to integer scaling with, say, a 1x1 srcrect)

Comment

Does somebody know why on Wayland the XWayland mode is preferred? At least on Plasma Wayland I have to start e.g. 0ad with "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland 0ad" to get proper Wayland support.

Comment

It's very said that he has time to work on this. Game publishers should keep him busy porting games. He even offered to do it for free quite some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          It's very said that he has time to work on this. Game publishers should keep him busy porting games. He even offered to do it for free quite some time ago.
          maybe he has fun doing it? And I bet Valve is paying him to do it, too.

Comment

This is for SDLs own 2D renderer right? I don't think that too many games are using that.

Comment

Working...
            X