X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudl
    replied
    PROST!

Greetings from Austria. I love Beer. Please continue to make beer pics.

Beer is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• M1kkko
    replied
    Posting occasional pictures of beer is completely harmless. However,

Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
    And this stuff goes back hundreds (thousands?) of years, so it's kinda like going to China where people eat dogs and being offended about that.
    So, if there was a picture or a mention about Michael eating a dog or two every now and then, you wouldn't mind?

Leave a comment:

• Pahanilmanlintu
    replied
    Michael seems to have some kind of attachment to European culture, specifically German. And in many central European countries people just tend to drink a lot of beer as a part of their everyday lives. And it's usually not about getting all drunk either. And this stuff goes back hundreds (thousands?) of years, so it's kinda like going to China where people eat dogs and being offended about that.

Leave a comment:

• runrun
    replied
    You're not raining on everyone's parade - The majority of people (especially those that take the time to read sites like this?) are intelligent enough to realise that the odd article on "going out" is not a bad influence.
    I'd be more concerned about your hobby of trolling If you're not...Honestly....Actually...I can't respond without being mean - I'll summarise with "Common sense"

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    I'm sorry, are you complaining Michael posts whatever he wants on his own site?

Leave a comment:

• Kakao
    replied
    Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Beer is pretty harmless
    I'm sorry I'm raining on everybody's parade. But it is not harmless. In some people dependency will develop in a few years while in others it will take 150 years so they will die much sooner. There is no smart alcohol use. Alcohol dependency does not consider education level, social class, religion, personality or anything else. Indeed, other than genes, it is totally random. But dependency is not the only problem. Alcohol will make it much more probable to someone to be involved in violence, including domestic and vehicle related. Health problems, including those caused by the fat you talk about, are more likely in alcohol users.

Leave a comment:

• tuke81
    replied
    Even water is toxic for human, all depends on dose size. LSD could cause interim psychosis to normal people, but if you do have latent gene that causes schizophrenia it could make you insane permanently.

Beer is pretty harmless, it makes you fat That reminds me it's friday, I should go and buy some beer(maybe kozel or something more special)...

Leave a comment:

• archibald
    replied
    I think the beer articles are quirky, and that they make the site more than just a linux hardware news/benchmark site and inject some personality into it. I enjoy the stream of articles being: review, review, news, benchmark, benchmark, latest mesa changes, random beer I found and enjoyed, review, news, benchmark.

The ratio of beer-stuff to linux-stuff is very strongly in favour of linux-stuff, and as a widespread and legal drug (though that word has many other connotations), I don't think posting about its occasional consumption is problematic. Similarly, I wouldn't have a problem with posting about different coffees that he has found and enjoyed.

Leave a comment:

• Kakao
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    GBL and LSD are healthy
    Good luck with your psychotic episodes. Judging by your tone they are not too far away.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    I started drinking beer in 2007 when I registered this Phoronix account because I thought it was cool, and I wanted to be like my hero, Michael Larabel. But seriously...

I'm also strongly against drug propaganda.
    Where is the drug propganda? Just posting a picture of the (one) beer you drank/enjoyed or even providing a review is not encouraging anyone to start drinking. I've never seen an alcohol ad or any claim on this site that alcohol is good for you. What do you see as "propaganda" (i.e. citation(s), please)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X