Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth headset not secure ?

Hello,
    i have a bluetooth headset connected to my usb bluetooth, i asked the maker on support if the connection bluetooth are crypted, they answer is not.

So any of my neighbour can sniffing what i am listen ?
    Last edited by kripteks; 05 April 2021, 12:12 PM.

Originally posted by kripteks View Post
    Hello,
    i have a bluetooth headset connected to my usb bluetooth, i asked the maker on support if the connection bluetooth are crypted, they answer is not.

So any of my neighbour can sniffing what i am listen ?

This is already well studied. Those who are skilled from the existing studies like above could in fact listen in on Bluetooth with enough signal integrity to capture the audio in both directions from a headset.

Do note that capture setups to-do bluetooth full power effectively end up needing 2 radios where a normal bluetooth device only needs one. So a person with a normal off the shelf phone or something does not have the hardware to capture full power bluetooth.

I would not say any of your neighbours could do this. Person with reasonable skills technology and radio setup could.

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is everywhere these days. If you fire up a scanner on your phone and walk around the neighborhood, we’d be willing to bet you’d pick up dozens if not hundreds…

Please note the low energy versions of bluetooth that headsets normally not are a softer target as they don't change channels like the full power does. Yes its possible for the device a full power bluetooth device is connecting to make it harder to successfully intercept but you cannot do that with the low energy form.

Bluetooth LE(low energy ) that could be light blubs and other thing can be way more dangerous than the bluetooth headset and has poorer security.

Bluetooth basically is not truly secure. But there is more than 1 level of insecurity here as well.

Comment

Thats bad, its like using http and in wireless.
      And all people using it

Is exist a secure version of wireless headset ? i looked for wifi based but not found (or google give me only blutooth result)

Comment

Originally posted by kripteks View Post
        Thats bad, its like using http and in wireless.
        And all people using it

Is exist a secure version of wireless headset ? i looked for wifi based but not found (or google give me only blutooth result)
        Crack and decrypt BLE encryption. Contribute to mikeryan/crackle development by creating an account on GitHub.

Its not http all wireless. Just because something is encrypted does not mean that it safe if a person can capture enough of the stream. Some of it is like using WEP or old flawed HTTPS.

There are encrypted bluetooth headsets that really just increase the skill required to capture don't in fact 100 percent prevent it.

There are still countries using 2G in mobile that is also fully cracked..

The reality is there is a lot of insecure radio stuff in use daily.

Comment

Working...
        X