Windows Be Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Be Gone!

FWIW: I just tossed 25 years of MSDN, TechNet, TechEd, DDK,s, SDK,s and a myriad of Windows software from 1995 through 2017. I will keep some apps for Wine testing periodically, but 95% of it hit the dumpster this weekend. It is like I have relieved myself of all I had learned since Windows 3 came out. I even tossed my old Xandros retail material.

I think I must have tossed over 50 PATA drives of various vintage. Graphics cards, S3, Matrox, 3Dfx, "old" NVidia, ATI Rage era as well as some older Quadro's. Even found my 3Ware PATA RAID controller, which oddly is still supported in Linux. LSI depreciated their Windows drivers ages ago. I was a pack rat of sorts and always was out of expensive parts back in the day, so I just saved them. I even found the "original" USB flash drive that IBM gave me when they first came out, a whopping 8Mb.

But in my gradual phase out of Windows, I decided to part with the parts as well. Toshiba PocketPC with the "Ozone" build of Win Mobile, trash.(15 years old, egads)

Why the post? Who cares? IDK, just wanted to say the Windows ecosystem is near death in my world now. I still have Win10/Server laying around, but it wont be my daily driver anymore.
Working...
X