The Big GNOME Shell Memory Leak Has Been Plugged, Might Be Backported To 3.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
    In any event i really believe that the Linux /GNOME community has to start to think seriously about the move to modern development tools. That might be Rust, Swift or something else, but the goal should be to find improved tools thatvhelps to eliminate these issues.
    lol, doesn't js look modern enough to you?
    what about vala?

Comment

The problem with JS is it bloats the web.
      Web browsing used to be one of the lightest things one could do even on 10 year old machines. Now thanks to JS and *bling* filled websites it is not anymore. Why do I have a feeling that webdevs that bloated their websites with crappy flash(which is luckily dead) now just switched to crappy JavaScript?

I will tolerate JS only when it starts operating at the speeds of C or assembly. Or pure HTML/CSS on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

That actuallly makes more sense than using JavaScript and if you recall PDF is pretty common in MacOS. The problem here is that Javascript is slow and in key parts of the OS you need a programming solution that is fast. It isnt just the language of course, the software has to be structured for performsnce, but the choice of Javascript just highlights that the developers dont care about either.
        Ummm.

Languages are neither slow nor fast.
        Implementations are.

Comment

Working...
        X