Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Bulldozer-based APUs are rumored to launch early/mid 2012; the code name is "Trinity".

edit: benchmarks I've seen so far say that single-threaded performance is crap. Phenom II is beating it.
    Last edited by Ex-Cyber; 10-12-2011, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mcirsta
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Ranting about not receiving samples in your articles probably doesn't help much (but yes they should be supplying you)

Are these APUs?
    I'm upset that Michael didn't receive any samples to test. I opened Phoronix today hoping to see how the new chip does under Linux , with all that Windows testing it would have been nice to see.
    So I think the "ranting" is perfectly normal.
    And to answer your question , no , these chips have no graphics inside whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• mcirsta
    replied
    maybe it will do better in Linux

Given how sad the Bulldozer performed under Windows maybe it will do better in Linux.
    AMD has no excuse for not providing Phoronix with some samples to test , it's probably the only serious website to do any testing under Linux.
    Did you ever try getting in touch with someone at AMD to ask why you're not getting any AMD cpus for review at Phoronix ?

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Ranting about not receiving samples in your articles probably doesn't help much (but yes they should be supplying you)

Are these APUs?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic AMD Releases FX-Series Bulldozer Desktop CPUs

AMD Releases FX-Series Bulldozer Desktop CPUs

Phoronix: AMD Releases FX-Series Bulldozer Desktop CPUs

AMD has finally lifted the lid on their new FX-Series "Bulldozer" desktop CPUs, but how well do they work under Linux?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTk5OA
Working...
X