Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsuMagic
    replied
    I wonder if the difference is as noticeable with a Windows guest. Unfortunately though there's no way I know of for getting desktop acceleration with qemu/KVM for D3D.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Michael

Please also post the results of `7z b`

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    It would be great to add VMWare WS to the mix as well - however I'm not sure their EULA allows that.

Leave a comment:

• Linux KVM Continues Offering Much Better Performance Than VirtualBox

Phoronix: Linux KVM Continues Offering Much Better Performance Than VirtualBox

With the release earlier this month of Oracle VirtualBox 6.0, besides running some benchmarks of its VMSVGA 3D graphics support, I also ran some basic benchmarks to see how a similarly configured VM under both VirtualBox 6.0 with Linux KVM setup via virt-manager would compare for performance as we hit the end of 2018. This quick round of Linux virtualization tests was done on the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX system.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X