X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevkim55
    replied
    Originally posted by athertek View Post
    The board itself works fine under linux. But, some of the components are not recognized by the linux kernel.

Audio chip works but not very well !! The maximum audio volume is like 1/4 of that in windows and quality is sloppy.

lmsensors could recognize only a few of the sensors and the readings are not very consistent !

Yet, it is a lot better than before. Looks like linux developers are adding support to the exotic hardware albeit a bit slowly.

Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• kevkim55
    replied
    Originally posted by athertek View Post
    The board itself works fine under linux. But, some of the components are not recognized by the linux kernel.

Audio chip works but not very well !! The maximum audio volume is like 1/4 of that in windows and quality is sloppy.

lmsensors could recognize only a few of the sensors and the readings are not very consistent !

Yet, it is a lot better than before. Looks like linux developers are adding support to the exotic hardware albeit a bit slowly.

Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• athertek
    replied
    Seems to work

Got a good review here: http://www.ubuntuhcl.org/browse/prod...li-mcp?id=7175

Leave a comment:

• kevkim55
    replied
    No takers ?

Leave a comment:

• kevkim55
    replied
    Let me take this opportunity to take us back to the question the original poster had asked !!

Has any one has had success with using 790i board with linux ? If yes, how do you go about over clocking and monitoring etc ? Did you get all the MB components (LAN, sound chip etc) recognized and working in linux ?

Thanks for any help on this issue ?

Leave a comment:

• mik2uzl
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Kernel 2.6.25 is ready by the next week or two so SB700 should be no problem then... just what I've expected
    The SB700 is no problem on my ECS 780GM board. I have been running this m/b with a Phenom 9500 for 10 days and no problems yet.

Using kernel 2.6.24 and Slackware. I am using a Nvidia graphics card with nvidia 169.12 driver until i can test the integrated ATI HD3200 graphics with the radeonhd driver which is not yet ready for the HD3200.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Kernel 2.6.25 is ready by the next week or two so SB700 should be no problem then... just what I've expected

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I have a few SB700 mobos waiting to be tested... hope to get to them soon.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Support for SB700 is starting with the 2.6.24 kernels, but I haven't heard anything on the subject for a while.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Let me use your thread to ask the same thing about the new AMD SB7x0 Southbridge... I am going to upgrade to the B3 Phenom + 790FX/SB710 platform very soon...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X