• bachchain
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Rootboot.
    Rooty Tooty Rusty Booty

Leave a comment:

• jjkk
    replied
    Oreboot similar to Libreboot is focused on targeting "truly open systems" as Coreboot without binary blobs.
    Requires compiler which can not be built from source code without downloading a binary blob.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

To be honest I may be a minority but I agree. "Rust" seems like a wrong name for a language as it's something undesired on your metals...
    Not always. When copper "rusts", you leave that in place because it protects what's underneath
    It does nothing to convey the whole thing is built around safety, I'll give you that.

Leave a comment:

• josh_walrath
    replied

To be honest I may be a minority but I agree. "Rust" seems like a wrong name for a language as it's something undesired on your metals...
    I disagree. It suggests the self-consciousness that any language and paradigm is destined for eventual ruin. Maybe it's also, as a low-level systems lang, a sly critique of coding "close to the metal", a necessary evil which it seeks to improve (and succeeds IMO -- it's C for the 21st century).

I hate what it's done with the word "rusty" though.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied

I really agree, Calx would have been so much better, Rust is iron calx. Plus it sounds more "computery" than rust.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

I agree. As someone who welds, all rust means to me is "bust out the wire wheel".

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Oreoboot

That's also what I though it said in the headline.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Also sounds awful

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by boxie View Post

+1 for a RustyBoot!
    A boot process that comes from the mainframes during the '60's.

Leave a comment:

• jo-erlend
    replied
    Clever names coming from the Rust community, I have to say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X