X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    I look forward to the days when AMD deprecates Catalyst

Someone mentioned 2015, I think 2016 is more realistic, but hey let's not quabble intensely over a single digit.

I can't wait until we can get those developers into the OSS fold!

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    [QUOTE=pandev92;348206]
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

I will try on arch xD
    an nice trick for when arch is installed

nano /etc/default/grub

find GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="" and make it

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="irqpoll threadirq radeon.dpm=1 quiet"

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    [QUOTE=pandev92;348206]

I will try on arch xD
    if first install read here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide and if you use KDE Apper is a very nice package manager

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    [QUOTE=jrch2k8;348201]
    Originally posted by pandev92 View Post

well depending your OS, but if you use ubuntu basically kernel and the whole graphic stack, i think there are some external repos that do the heavy lift but i don't use ubuntu so im not sure[ask an ubuntuer]

if you use Arch, just download the latest of each from here http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/x86_64/ and make an pacman -U *.tar.xz, restart and enjoy awesome
    I will try on arch xD

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    btw michael my radeonSI driver 7770 thanks to ag5df runs xonotic ultimate at 720P at 190FPS without glitches, is worth test it later

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yea, these results are quite amazing indeed. r600g even surpassed Catalyst in a few tests. And it's not even *that* far from Windows.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    [QUOTE=pandev92;348199]

Mhh and for uvd what I need to do ?
    It will run OOB or I need to install a patched mesa, ati etc?
    well depending your OS, but if you use ubuntu basically kernel and the whole graphic stack, i think there are some external repos that do the heavy lift but i don't use ubuntu so im not sure[ask an ubuntuer]

if you use Arch, just download the latest of each from here http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/x86_64/ and make an pacman -U *.tar.xz, restart and enjoy awesome

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    [QUOTE=jrch2k8;348197]
    On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.[/QUOT

wait for kernel-3.11-rc4 and get mesa stack from git, even my 4350 passive is handling 1920x1080 + 1366x768 dual screen setup with kwin full whistles[raster+gl3.1+advanced vsync] like a freaking boss this days.

btw UVD works very well too even on radeonSI, just get mplayer2+SMplayer2 sit and enjoy awesome

Mhh and for uvd what I need to do ?
    It will run OOB or I need to install a patched mesa, ati etc?

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.
    for flash:
    "This should be about it... but it actually still didn't work for me. But I found the following fix that miraculously solved it for me: create the file /etc/adobe/mms.cfg, and write in it:
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1"

it do the magic in with r600g/radeonsi with UVD

another solution is use google-chrome with pepper flash, is bastardically faster compared to regular flash

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    [QUOTE=pandev92;348195]On my apu a8 5600k, it's so slow ..., and I can't watch a fullscren flash without slow fps.[/QUOT

wait for kernel-3.11-rc4 and get mesa stack from git, even my 4350 passive is handling 1920x1080 + 1366x768 dual screen setup with kwin full whistles[raster+gl3.1+advanced vsync] like a freaking boss this days.

btw UVD works very well too even on radeonSI, just get mplayer2+SMplayer2 sit and enjoy awesome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X