Originally posted by verde View Post
    ok

is that what you really look like damn i'm sorry

Originally posted by synaptix View Post

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Feel free to donate Phoronix a 7970. I'm sure if he had one it would have been included.
    While at it, feel free to donate a GTX 680 to me.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Also, if it's anything like Windows, a lot of cards probably have issues with 31X branch, just as a lot of cards on Windows (via GeForce forums) are having issues with the current 320 branch.
    I haven't noticed anything strange for more than 4 months with them. I have a GTX 460.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by ObscureAngelPT View Post
    WTH?

Why phonorix compare directaly the HD 7950 vs GTX 680.
    The real comparation to the GTX 680 would be HD 7970 :P

Regards
    Feel free to donate Phoronix a 7970. I'm sure if he had one it would have been included.

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    oddly enough:

Leave a comment:

• ObscureAngelPT
    replied
    WTH?

Why phonorix compare directaly the HD 7950 vs GTX 680.
    The real comparation to the GTX 680 would be HD 7970 :P

Regards

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    they are so Stable you can see users all day long asking how to fix them..... all over forum's and only 99% of them are Ubuntu Users. Ubuntu's Driver installs are Crap Terminal Install>Ubuntu install's any day of the week

i say Laziness is why them Drivers are so far out of date and on top of that the newer Drivers have bug fixes.... (oh look Ubuntu 13.04 release well off to the Canonical Graveyard with you and off the next project remember the 9mo's of Support... AkA EOL)
    ok

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by verde
    They are rock-stable. Thats why.

The real question is why not 310.14 ("experimental" claimed by "Ubuntu additional drivers"). Steam suggests them for Nvidia cards.
    they are so Stable you can see users all day long asking how to fix them..... all over forum's and only 99% of them are Ubuntu Users. Ubuntu's Driver installs are Crap Terminal Install>Ubuntu install's any day of the week

i say Laziness is why them Drivers are so far out of date and on top of that the newer Drivers have bug fixes.... (oh look Ubuntu 13.04 release well off to the Canonical Graveyard with you and off the next project remember the 9mo's of Support... AkA EOL)

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    still that doesn't mean that its better to use 304 series drivers. Thats probably a bug and you can fill a bug report here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux
    Steam does the same thing to me on Windows as well, lol.

Also, if it's anything like Windows, a lot of cards probably have issues with 31X branch, just as a lot of cards on Windows (via GeForce forums) are having issues with the current 320 branch.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Steam also tells me I need to update my drivers and I got that message with both 319.32 and 325.08 drivers.
    still that doesn't mean that its better to use 304 series drivers. Thats probably a bug and you can fill a bug report here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux

Leave a comment:

Working...
X