• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panix
    replied
    Originally posted by Serjor View Post
    Hello!

I'm new in those forums, so if this post doesn't belong here let me know and I'll post it were it belongs.

I wan't to build a new computer from scratch, and one of it's mainly purposes will be gaming, and I'm very lost looking the best linux compatible hardware.

The most simple questions, ati or nvidia? intel or amd?

I guess, but it's just a supposition that the best option will be nvidia for the graphic card, but what about motherboard?

Thank you very much

PD. Sorry my bad english
    I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff compared to some people here but I think the first thing you have to do is identify your budget. Imho, if it's really low, go with an AMD chipset machine and it will have an ATI integrated graphics card but you can always add a separate video card. If the budget is mid-range or higher, go Intel. I would really try to build an Intel system right now since, for e.g., an i5 system can be build for good price/performance.

Onboard audio will likely be Realtek or VIA. Onboard LAN will likely be Realtek (again) or Atheros. Most of it works OOTB but cheap cards can be bought that can solve any problems. As for nvidia v.s. ati for a dedicated video card? That debate rages on and I'm not going to recommend one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Serjor
    started a topic Ati/NVIDIA amd/intel?

Ati/NVIDIA amd/intel?

Hello!

I'm new in those forums, so if this post doesn't belong here let me know and I'll post it were it belongs.

I wan't to build a new computer from scratch, and one of it's mainly purposes will be gaming, and I'm very lost looking the best linux compatible hardware.

The most simple questions, ati or nvidia? intel or amd?

I guess, but it's just a supposition that the best option will be nvidia for the graphic card, but what about motherboard?

Thank you very much

PD. Sorry my bad english
Working...
X