GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H w/ ATI HD 3300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news,

that Removing Mesa Drivers thing solved it. Fglrx is now in use after logging in. I just turned desktop effects on.

Nice one! Thx 4 help!
    Beleriand

Comment

That means you installed the xgl server once? Well the script does not uninstall xserver-xgl as thats not the default...

Comment

I don't know if it was me or the standard hardy install, never mind.

Comment

Beleriand and Kano,

Thanks for the help. Beleriand, thanks for the posts over in the Biostar thread pointing here. I've been busy with work/family so I haven't had a chance to try the ATI drivers. I'm going to give it a shot later today. I'll post success or fail info here. I still consider myself a linux noob, so we'll see how rough it is.

Comment

Good news here too,

Version 8.9 worked for me on the Biostar MB and Ubuntu 8.04.1 64. Verified with fglrxinfo and ran fgl_glxgears. Saw the spinning cube w/gears; just a little flickering. I enabled desktop effects, those seem to be working fine (a little flickering here and there). Next step is video, MythTV, and HDMI.

I didn't have to remove the Mesa drivers.

Thanks for the help guys.
            Last edited by buckstuckinaz; 21 September 2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Well you never "remove" the mesa drivers, the passage was just about removing Xgl, the title is just misleading. The fglrx package replaces the lib with another one - using dpkg-divert. So the mesa package is certainly _not_ removed.

Comment

Working...
              X