asus P5N-t deluxe + core 2 duo E8200 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus P5N-t deluxe + core 2 duo E8200 problem

I got this new pc witha P5N-T deluxe + intel E8200 and 4 GB drr2 800 and a gt 7600GT PCIe. I am running Mandriva free edition 32 bit and my computer is way to slow and having some problems with games and mandriva...

the 1st problem is when i try to play Nexiuz or ET:QW. the symptoms are long wait to see the game loading, too much lag on the frames.

the 2nd problem is while trying to play i get some errors on the command line like "/dev/sda5 ( / directory) no acces"

the 3rd problem is when i try to kill the game... on ps aux i can't find the game PID and generally i try to restart the X but then is show a message that i really don't know where to find in my logs that says /dev/sda5 is not found and i usually have to do a Hard reboot

Do you have the nvidia binary drivers installed?

Comment

yes i do have the lastest NVIDIA Driver Version: 169.12

Comment

Well maybe your hd is dying. Does that happen with another distro too? Also you can try another connector/different cable.

Comment

I'd suggest checking the cables and the connectors on the motherboard/harddrive because when I had a similar problem it was due to a bent pin on the motherboard (bad connection).

Comment

ok i'll check the cables/connections, i don't think that my HD is dying it has 2 years only. could it be hight temperature of the processor? actually in the bios it is around 66?C, i can't find any info about good temperature of this processor...

Comment

just installed Ksensors and my primary HD have a temperature at 52?C so i'll have to put a HD Cooler on it...

Comment

core 2 duo's shouldn't be running at 66C when your just sitting in the bios. I'd clean your case and do a good job tiding the cables as it looks like there is a lack of air flow in your case.

edit: if that isn't the problem check the heat sink is making good contact with the processor
                Last edited by Aradreth; 17 May 2008, 12:56 PM. Reason: typo's...

Comment

Ya 66 is pretty high for that proc, it might be throttling itself. Make sure your HSF is seated properly.

Comment

What should my Processor temperature at normally?

Comment

Working...
                    X