Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon EC2 Cloud Benchmarks Against Bare Metal Systems

Phoronix: Amazon EC2 Cloud Benchmarks Against Bare Metal Systems

After earlier this month delivering new Amazon EC2 cloud benchmarks, several Phoronix readers had requested some reference benchmark results against some "bare metal" hardware systems. For those not running their own performance comparisons against Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, here's some more benchmark results showing different EC2 cloud instance types compared to an Intel Ivy Bridge and Haswell system.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting...

I personally would have liked to see one of the c1.xlarge instances with 20ECU... I use them for rendering at times, and they are really useful

Thing is, they only become good value when using the spot pricing... I use a set price for the master node [so that node holds the master files without risk of being shut down], ($0.58/hour IIRC) and then I get around 10 spot instances, of the same type for $0.07/hour... thats 10 Machines that are each faster than my Quad Core i5 (750) at home, for $1.30/hour... plus its fun Alot better than $7.58/hour

Comment

Working...
    X