Scientists fear global cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientists fear global cooling

Now, Canadian scientists are seeking additional funding for more and better "eyes" with which to observe our sun, which has a bigger impact on Earth's climate than all the tailpipes and smokestacks on our planet combined.

And they're worried about global cooling, not warming.

I found this interesting

Oh good. Now I can order the new Escalade the wife wants.

Comment

Heh... Now we're back to Global Cooling again. Make up your minds, guys. While I won't deny that we need to quit polluting, etc. if only to avoid deleterious effects from the same, I've had difficulty buying into a lot of these theories people keep coming up with for Global Warming, Global Cooling (Ice Age coming...), Ozone layer and Freon- and so forth. There's been...quite a bit of bad science behind these things, almost like they're a fad. Chicken Little's sky falling and whatnot.

I wish them luck, but I hope they don't jump to all the same conclusions like others have in the past with the other environmental change brought about by man's interference theories. The past attempts had too much jumping to conclusions and chop-logic to be called "facts" or "theories" proper. Right now, pretty much all of them are the scientific equivalent of a ghost story told over a campfire at night.

Comment

Working...
      X