No announcement yet.

Open-Source Web-Sites, Memories Of The Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tempted to do a joke similar to that, but I managed to refrain myself Holy crap was it ugly. If I hadn't seen those shots of phoronix "back then" I would never had believed that it didn't look like this back in 1998... or 2004 when it was created.

Comment

FYI a Phoronix site redesign is slated to potentially come this summer.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow that Red Hat site pic was from before I ever started using Linux which was sometime around late 2001 to early 2002. I can't believe it's been almost a decade. Also thanks for the memories of pre-Novell SuSe, it was one of the first distros I stuck with for a fairly long time. Back then I was just experimenting a lot and wound up doing a lot of distro-hopping. I believe SuSe was my second distro I used for a substantial amount of time. The first was Slackware. I still have vivid memories of going through dependency hell in Slack. It was brutal but I didn't mind because I learned a lot. Also after going through dependency hell using Slack around 2001/2002 every other distro after seemed like a breeze to get things installed... well most of them anyway.

If I remember correctly my distro progression was:

Slack (2001/2002 - 2003) > SuSe (2003-2004) > Ubuntu (2004 yep the very first release) > SuSe (2004 - 2005) > Gentoo (2005 - 2007) > Ubuntu (2007 - 2008) > Fedora (2008 - Present)

Comment

goatse.cx

that is

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Including the forum? *hopeful*

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
              goatse.cx

that is
              Classic. No one was spared. Frightful.

Comment

Is that before or after Steam on Linux is launched ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  Is that before or after Steam on Linux is launched ;-)
                  Well, as I've said in a post before, I won't be stepping down from my role at Phoronix until after the Steam Linux client is shipping.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, as I've said in a post before, I won't be stepping down from my role at Phoronix until after the Steam Linux client is shipping.
                    That means that you won't step down for the next 20 years
                    This is greats news, because we want you to stay running Phoronix.

Comment

Working...
                    X