Intel P33/P35 chipsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel P33/P35 chipsets

Is anyone running Linux on a motherboard built around the new Intel P/G33 or P35 chipsets?

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
    Is anyone running Linux on a motherboard built around the new Intel P/G33 or P35 chipsets?
    We have a few motherboards at Phoronix using the new Intel Chipsets. There is an ASUS one on the way and David Lin will probably comment in on this thread with the Gigabyte one(s) currently being tested.

Is there one you're particularly interested in?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      We have a few motherboards at Phoronix using the new Intel Chipsets. There is an ASUS one on the way and David Lin will probably comment in on this thread with the Gigabyte one(s) currently being tested.

Is there one you're particularly interested in?
      Well, the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 looks interesting, but I am more concerned about avoiding the surprise we had when the Intel P965 boards came out and there was/is so much trouble getting Linux to work with their jMicron 363 disk controllers. So you could say my main interest lies in verifying that most common Linux distros (I use mainly Kubuntu Feisty) will work with a P33/P35 chipset board "out of the box," so to speak.

Thanks, and I look forward to the reviews. This is really a first class site and I'm just sorry it took me so long to get here.

Comment

Re P35

I currently use an MSI P35 Neo II on ubuntu-8.04 with my own kernel (2.6.25) and all works fine since several months.

dmesg here: http://blogpmenier.dynalias.net/doce...6.25/dmesg2625

Patrick

Comment

Gigabyte uses Jmircon and MSI uses Marvell for IDE controller. Both are supported by kernel 2.6.24.

Comment

Working...
          X