Oracle hates Novell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle hates Novell?

If you type "Steaming Pile of Suck" into Virtualbox it will give OpenSuSE as the suggested operating system. Conspiracy? I think so.

Originally posted by NoEffex View Post
    If you type "Steaming Pile of Suck" into Virtualbox it will give OpenSuSE as the suggested operating system. Conspiracy? I think so.
    Nothing of the sort. Had you done a bit of research into what is going on, it's guessing you're typing SuSE when you typed in "Suck"- happens the moment you type the "Su" from that phrase you chose. No need to jump to conclusions there like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Nothing of the sort. Had you done a bit of research into what is going on, it's guessing you're typing SuSE when you typed in "Suck"- happens the moment you type the "Su" from that phrase you chose. No need to jump to conclusions there like you did.
      It didn't enter suse until after suck was finished. This could be attributed to the fact that it waits until you're done typing to suggest, however I think we should go with the more ridiculous proposal, and thus, a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by NoEffex View Post
        It didn't enter suse until after suck was finished. This could be attributed to the fact that it waits until you're done typing to suggest, however I think we should go with the more ridiculous proposal, and thus, a conspiracy.
        Riiight. I've long since grown out of that sort of thing.

And, for the record, if you go through the motions, it doesn't do it until you're done typing- it does it as soon as it has enough to go on to guess at what the distribution/OS is- with my laptop as soon as the SU is in it pops over. I'm suspecting that the perceived timing for when it does it, is probably dependent on the relative power of the machine. The laptop's an i7 machine. It also does it on my Q9550 machine the same way.

Comment

Working...
        X