MSI K8T Neo2-F v1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI K8T Neo2-F v1.0

I just wanted to add my board to your list.

I've been running Mandriva 2005le thru 2007.1 x86 with absolutely no issues . I've used all of the bios from the original to 9.1 which added support for my 3700. Ubuntu Kubuntu 6.06, Sabayon have also ran well.

I haven't had to pass any special options to the bootloader or disable any bios settings, it just works.
    agp 8x fast writes enabled, legacy usb support enabled, mem timmings 2-3-2-2 command rate 1T.
    The only quirk is if you have just Sata HD's you cannot use IDE 1 for your Cdrom's or split them and have a reader on ide 1 and the burner on ide 2.. it just won't post.

Even though it's an older board I figured if anyone had one and was thinking about giving Linux a try or installing Linux and passing it down to a relative, they should expect no issues.

I just bought a K8T Neo2 v2 board to upgrade my wifes comp with my old newcastle 3500. I'll be installing Mandy on it as well, I'll comment on it's compatibility later.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755
Working...
X