No announcement yet.

Mobile Optimizations Coming For Phoronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fonts in the front page have become a lot bigger than they originally were. That's not one of those so-called optimizations, is it?

Comment

The main article pages allow the text to stretch from one edge to the other on my 10" tablet in landscape orientation.
      This is not ideal and becomes difficult to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Of which all requires more time and money.... And not having a modern designer on hand that would eliminate many of my concerns compared to some of the past iterations.If I still had a designer on hand or a Phoronix reader willing to do the work and show for it up front, I'd be more willing to consider it.
        Still, your time will be saved from development as you will not be directly working, just over-viewing the development.

I would love to help but I am a developer.
        I need a designer to design the base who will charge money....

Comment

I would appreciate if phoronix had an mobile layout for linux mobile phones other then android.
          Neither my Nokia N9 meego or my Jolla Sailfish have any mobile layout at all on phoronix.
          I think it's funny that the only website that doesn't support open source mobile linux OS with an mobile layout is the site for linux and open source.
          Every other site i tried has mobile support for my smartphones.
          Is there anyway at all to access phoronix with mobile layout from an non Android or iOS smartphone?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            or a Phoronix reader willing to do the work and show for it up front, I'd be more willing to consider it.
            Just like I already did and posted several times on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              The fonts in the front page have become a lot bigger than they originally were. That's not one of those so-called optimizations, is it?
              This. The change from percentages to individual px in every element again made the text too large, and broke my usercss that made it readable-sized again. Having to override every element specifically, meh...

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                This. The change from percentages to individual px in every element again made the text too large, and broke my usercss that made it readable-sized again. Having to override every element specifically, meh...
                I wonder why people design in px anyway these days, given how many different DPI values there are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
                  I wonder why people design in px anyway these days, given how many different DPI values there are out there.
                  That is exactly why people design in px, in CSS a px = 96dpi on an arms reach meaning that it scales well when changing resolution.

Comment

Actually, the lateral sections have disappeared on android, which I call an improvement for mobile browsing.

Michael, remember to check your layout with Ctrl+Shift+M in Firefox, if you don't do this already
                    In my opinion, adaptive layout is better than user-agent based layout, because it will work on every device.

Comment

More improvements just pushed, still not done though.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X