Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test info detail - uni project

Hi,

I am working on a university final year project where I have included a few benchmark test using this software. The info command gives a very little information about the test and I want some detail information. I would be glad if anyone can help me with this . Following are test I have put

CPU:
    ? build-linux-kernel: This test times how long it takes to build the Linux 3.18 kernel.
    ? compress-7zip : This is a test of 7-Zip using p7zip with its integrated benchmark feature.
    ? gnupg: This test times how long it takes to encrypt a file using GnuPG.

QUESTION: What is file size of linux kernal it is using to test compilation, What is file size of the file it is using during compression and what is file size it is using to encrypt using gnupg.

Disk:
    ? pts/fs-mark: FS_Mark is designed to test a system's file-system performance

1000 Files of 1MB size
    and
    5000 Files of 1MB size, 4 Threads

QUESTION: Is it reading the file or writing the file ? how cache plays a role here

Memory:
    ? pts/ramspeed-1.4.0: This benchmark tests the system memory (RAM) performance.

QUESTION: What is difference between , ADD , COPY , TRAID and AVERAGE with Integer and Floating point testing. ?

Network:
    ? network-loopback-1.0.1 : This test measures the loopback network adapter performance using a micro-benchmark to measure the TCP performance.

QUESTION: I need some more info , is it sending and receiving data and if yes how much file size is sent.

Hi,

Pretty much all of the questions can be answered if looking through the test profiles at ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/ or the installed tests at ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i cant find it , can u please help. Following is directory listing

ali@ali:/usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core$ pwd
      /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core
      ali@ali:/usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core$

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 25 13:03 commands
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Feb 25 13:03 external-test-dependencies
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 25 13:03 modules
      drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Feb 25 13:03 objects
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb 25 13:03 openbenchmarking.org