No announcement yet.

Systemd Gains IP Forwarding, IP Masquerading & Basic Firewall Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duby229 if EVERYONE is disagreeing with you shouldn't you reevaluate your position? In just about every case where the VAST majority of people share an opposing viewpoint the individual is off his rocker.

And no it doesn?t matter what you think if you are still off your rocker. You look like a complete imbecile.

And if you call me an imbecile you are calling EVERYONE an imbecile because EVERYONE disagrees with you.

If EVERYONE disagrees with you you should really reevaluate your opinion on sysyemd.....Or go F**k off and be happy with BSD, or a distro that prides itself on being systemd free like PclinuxOS.

Please go jump off a cliff and leave the rest of us alone....

Comment

• Originally posted by grndzro View Post
      Duby229 if EVERYONE is disagreeing with you shouldn't you reevaluate your position? In just about every case where the VAST majority of people share an opposing viewpoint the individual is off his rocker.

And no it doesn?t matter what you think if you are still off your rocker. You look like a complete imbecile.

And if you call me an imbecile you are calling EVERYONE an imbecile because EVERYONE disagrees with you.

If EVERYONE disagrees with you you should really reevaluate your opinion on sysyemd.....Or go F**k off and be happy with BSD, or a distro that prides itself on being systemd free like PclinuxOS.

Please go jump off a cliff and leave the rest of us alone....
      I doubt that there's a place for such language. Please keep the discussion civil.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• And he is not alone but others are tired of discussing and getting insulted or verbally abused even when they tries to make a constructive critic.

I don't like how systemd is being developed, how is being integrating other projects and how is being forced to use in distributions. I have been a convinced Debian user for more than fifteen years. Now I am in Devuan maillist and thinking on trying Gentoo (which I desestimated to try it in the past when I saw that the hype decreased).

In my systems now I use Debian with OpenRC. In my home desktop system Systemd was fucking my RAID10 every 3 or 4 boots and recontructing it (so ironically systemd gave me a very slow boot) so an alternative was a necessity, but I cannot uninstall systemd completely without losing the driver of my printer or some KDE software.

Comment

• Originally posted by malkavian View Post
          And he is not alone but others are tired of discussing and getting insulted or verbally abused even when they tries to make a constructive critic.

I don't like how systemd is being developed, how is being integrating other projects and how is being forced to use in distributions. I have been a convinced Debian user for more than fifteen years. Now I am in Devuan maillist and thinking on trying Gentoo (which I desestimated to try it in the past when I saw that the hype decreased).

In my systems now I use Debian with OpenRC. In my home desktop system Systemd was fucking my RAID10 every 3 or 4 boots and recontructing it (so ironically systemd gave me a very slow boot) so an alternative was a necessity, but I cannot uninstall systemd completely without losing the driver of my printer or some KDE software.
          I doubt that the discussion above, on both side, is very constructive.
          ... and beyond anything else, its useless [1], [2].
          As I said in the links above, systemd is here to stay, far too many large contributors view it is an essential piece in modernizing Linux by creating a modern, cross-distro base-system. Arguing against it in forums is as useless as arguing against the wind. The mere fact that systemd has bugs (there's a shocker for you) is irrelevant, the kernel (any kernel) has (many) bug too.
          Unless the people who are against systemd stop wasting their time arguing about whether systemd is monolithic or not, and join efforts like Devuan and develop *alternative* systemd-like base system you're more-or-less screwed.

The OSS world was built by people with an itch to scratch. Unless you start scratching that itch, you better get used to using systemd...

- Gilboa

[1] http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...067#post464067
          [2] http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...088#post464088
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Gilboa, you are absolutely right. This discussion should have ended pages ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
              Except Pypy which is not
              Pypy runs on top of a restricted CPython implementation. That means you now have three levels of language to worry about instead of just two.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                So you think you don't have the skillset to argue technical merits, but you still think you are competent to judge the technical merits. That is your problem right there:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect.

Too late. You already did.

Comment

• So you post a link with absolutely no context and no indication why I should click on it, or even what portion of my post it was supposed to refer to.

Stupidly, I did click on it. It doesn't even load.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    So you post a link with absolutely no context and no indication why I should click on it, or even what portion of my post it was supposed to refer to.

Stupidly, I did click on it. It doesn't even load.
                    I don't know... What do you want me to tell you? Pick a better browser? Don't choose shitty software?

I mean really?

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      I don't know... What do you want me to tell you? Pick a better browser? Don't choose shitty software?

I mean really?
                      Seems to work now. I still don't see how it has anything to do with what I was talking about. I can only assume you think, despite all evidence to the contrary, that it is systemd which is the dead horse (as opposed to sysv, especially in relation to items 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15, 17, 21, 27, and 28).

But that has noting at all to do with you thinking you are competent to judge something without having the skillset to judge it.

Comment

Working...
                      X