Debian Developer Resigns From The Systemd Maintainership Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    Um... did you guys even read the title, let alone the article itself? A bunch of trolls and haters drove off another systemd supporter (and in this case one of the package maintainers of systemd) on debian, systemd didn't kill anything, a bunch of douchebags did.
    Oh yes it did, to me direct or indirect cause that does not matter... not all Germans are Nacis, not all Americans drop atomic bomb on Hiroshima... sorry for extreme example, systemd is not flesh & blood but that was what happened - people are killed because of system poli(cy)tics, dependencies and stuff .

SystemD seems to be like atomic bomb for some poeple, i respect that . But i don't respect anyone who made it, good or not it does not matter... it may be THE BEST SOFTWARE TILL MANKIND but if so many people go mad about it, someone responsable really need to rethink what he is doing .
    Last edited by dungeon; 16 November 2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      SystemD seems to be like atomic bomb for some poeple, i respect that . But i don't respect anyone who made it, good or not it does not matter... it may be THE BEST SOFTWARE TILL MANKIND but if so many people go mad about it, someone responsable really need to rethink what he is doing .
      So you're suggesting that if people go crazy and frothing at the mouth over their hatred for systemd, that's the fault of the systemd developers, not the nutjobs who are reacting so dramatically?

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
        I follow uselessd development for some time and I noticed a lot of tasks "rewrite * as a shell script" in TODO. I started to wonder why? Doesn't this code work? No, it works fine. Maybe system admins preffer shell scripts because they feal more comfortable in fixing these (C is not simple language). But how many system admins fix shell scripts that are packaged?
        C code makes system less secure/stable/transparent. It is better to replace C code with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
          C code makes system less secure/stable/transparent. It is better to replace C code with anything else.
          there needs to be a balance
          and there has been in the past, mostly

Comment

C code makes system less secure/stable/transparent.
            That's true for people that don't know how to code. If that was generally true, kernel code would be written in shell script.

It is better to replace C code with anything else.
            You can write your init scripts in visual basic if you want Maybe someday you will have as large user base as systemd has...

Comment

Sure. While we're at it, let's rewrite the kernel in the brainfuck language too.

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
                That's true for people that don't know how to code. If that was generally true, kernel code would be written in shell script.
                Most C developers don't know how to code or write broken code intentionally. Kernel developers don't want their software to be secure/stable/transparent. Kernel can't be written in shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                  So you're suggesting that if people go crazy and frothing at the mouth over their hatred for systemd, that's the fault of the systemd developers, not the nutjobs who are reacting so dramatically?
                  To some extent, yeah of course
                  Last edited by dungeon; 16 November 2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Most C developers don't know how to code
                    Some, not most.
                    or write broken code intentionally. Kernel developers don't want their software to be secure/stable/transparent.
                    Okay, now we know you're one of the trolls.

Comment

Debian has a Governing problem in their fundation

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
                      This community is abomination. People like you are here. Don't you find it funny when the most technical people nearly all prefer systemd (people with proper programming experience), and the un-technical (system administrators with little programming experience) people don't? I've found a pattern. Then, you have the trolls and the bandwagoners who are against systemd either because it's funny or because they just have no idea what it's about, because if you knew anything about it you'd realize it's a LOT better than any other solution. But that's why I dipped from the Linux community, because people like you are a cancer that fills this community to the brim. Go ahead, enjoy your little sysvinit, I won't be allocating my company's time to contributing to anything to do with it or anything to do with anything GNU or Linux.
                      SystemD, is good for desktop's(not my machines , thanks)...

Sisvinit is not perfect , but it is good for servers...you can adapt things and control them without go in code, or binary...

So you found a patern like I have found!
                      If Debian(redhat, etc) want to use SystemD in desktop's fine
                      But I want sysvinit in my small 400 server high availability center...I will not use systemD here!!

So Debian need to chose:

1) Debian will be a desktop distro, and so, it will left server stuff..
                      2)Debian will stay in server and left the ideia of Desktop's for ubuntu
                      3)Debian will release a option to the people to choose what it will use...and in this case can be in Server and in Desktop!

The experienced sysadmins out there does not go with SystemD, which will get Debian out of their server clusters...

Debian need to choose what they want...after that programmer/Users and SysAdmins can choose if they will continue to use Debian or have to switch do Slackware or another..

This is not the end of the world...but Debian HAVE to make a decision on this!

regards

Comment

Working...
                      X