Someone ate my baby (libglx)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone ate my baby (libglx)!!!

A while back I got me a shiny new Nvidia 8600GT to spiff up my KDE4 experience...and entered into a whole world of pain.

Eventually pain trumped money and I just defected to camp ATI with a shiny new VisionTek HD4870.

Trouble is that after going through numerous installs of the Catalyst 8.7 and xorg configs I still keep getting:

"(EE) fglrx: Failed to load module "glx" (module does not exist, 0)
    (EE) fglrx(0): Failed to load GLX module.

(EE) fglrx(0): XMM failed to open CMMQS connection."

2d performance similar to VESA and no 3d. Disabling composite changes nothing.

A quick look at some of the places I've seen listed that *should* have libglx. didn't have it. One had Nvidia's libglx.so.173.14.12.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this / get back libglx.so?

Is Nvidia *still* managing to screw up my computer even though I'm now on ATI?

Any suggestions / conspiracy theories appreciated!

Mr Alien Overlord

DISCLAIMER: Any advice offered may be used in the forthcoming conquest of your species. Alien Overlord Enterprises inc. take no responsibility for the loss of species, fauna, or planets resulting from replies to this post.

Your distribution? How did you install the driver?

You should try running the "./NVIDIA-Installer --uninstall" as root to delete everything nVidia related, then reinstall the AMD driver.

DISCLAIMER: Any advice offered may be used in the forthcoming conquest of your species. Alien Overlord Enterprises inc. take no responsibility for the loss of species, fauna, or planets resulting from replies to this post.
    I wouldn't be using proprietary software if it was that important. Your species doesn't seem too clever to me
    Last edited by d2kx; 08 August 2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X