Outreachy Opens Applications For Open-Source Winter 2018 Internship Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outreachy Opens Applications For Open-Source Winter 2018 Internship Program

Phoronix: Outreachy Opens Applications For Open-Source Winter 2018 Internship Program

For eligible students or others with time to participate, the winter 2018 round of the Outreachy program openened this week for applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tytypo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    the winter 2018 round of the Outreachy program openened this week
    I am pretty sure further posts in this thread will be about criticism of the program (yes, I abhor the program as well).
    Last edited by tildearrow; 22 September 2018, 03:28 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Yes, it will be all "THIS IS A SEXIST PROGRAM GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" as if any of the people commenting were going to apply to the program to begin with if it weren't for the restrictions. But no....it is the principle that counts because we must fight for social justice and Linus Torvalds MUST DIE!
      And obviously none of the companies sponsoring the program has hired a white colored male before.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
        Yes, it will be all "THIS IS A SEXIST PROGRAM GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" as if any of the people commenting were going to apply to the program to begin with if it weren't for the restrictions. But no....it is the principle that counts because we must fight for social justice and Linus Torvalds MUST DIE!
        And obviously none of the companies sponsoring the program has hired a white colored male before.
        Welcome to your nightmare Linux community.

Now the Linux world is filled with toxic people like hussam.

You had years to take action but chose to sit and laugh as it happened to other open source projects.

Comment

How am I toxic? Think about the damage all this "social justice" is doing. Without Linus Torvalds, the Linux kernel will eventually break a substantial portion of today's userspace. He was the only one keeping ABI stability...

Why ruin a system that works? because of fixation over defending against implications that never really happened?

No developers or companies were really affected by Torvald's language just as no one was really affected badly by Outreachy.
          Last edited by Guest; 22 September 2018, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Great another sexist program for people who 'pretend' to be for equality...

Comment

I got a sudden hankering for popcorn.

Comment

Please don't forget about Sarah: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...eveloper_theo/

Comment

Absolutely disgusting racism and identity politics. Over here they would be legally recognized as a hate group.

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
                    Great another sexist program for people who 'pretend' to be for equality...
                    I'm a developer. I work with about 100 developers in our Sydney office. There's not a SINGLE person I've talked to who is against this kind of program, and in fact we have our own outreach programs for attracting and mentoring women in our industry. Therefore, I can very safely assume that the only people who are against this are the alt-right tools, incels, and insecure trolls. Which camp(s) are you in?

Comment

Working...
                    X