Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popper View Post
    well its closer to the original and people did like that

i Know its close as iv still got a few old phoronix pages up i did not refreshed yet, so i compared to the above colours, better that than burning your eyes out with this one i think.
    I'm sure some people liked the old look. Personally, I found it rather ugly. The new theme is an improvement!

That said, I'd prefer a slightly darker page background and a somewhat more muted post background (pure white is a little extreme).

Comment

FWIW, to me the new theme mostly sucks.

I now need to scroll more, since there's a ton of unused vertical space.

The colors aren't that nice, please add a dark theme (or an option to set one for members, if the light one is the new look of Phoronix).

BTW, where's the quick reply box?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Looks fine to me. If it hurts your eyes, what are you, a cave-dweller or something? :P Google is even brighter than this.
        LOL well my screen happens to be tuned for video playback here but i DO like darker colours as do many Men, or even better, a selection of colour's of My choosing but i forget if that's a vBulletin option!.

but some people may like this brighter layout and fine, but vBulletin allow's you to select whatever themes you like as long as Michael installs and actives them for users i seem to remember.

as a reminder of the old phoronix colours to compare,ill add a screen grab

Comment

Nice Improvement

I really like this new interface. It's fast, lightweight and slim.

Cheers

Comment

vBulletin allows for a theme selection box. Maybe Michael will activate it and install a theme. I like light themes, but that way others could select a dark theme if they don't like this one.

Comment

As a lot of forums on the Web that use vBulletin have upgraded to 4.x, major incompatibilities with vB 3.x have to be expected due to the major structural changes. Hopefully the upgraded forums will have less spam and be more secure. Maybe any graphics minded members can contribute ideas for a new theme for you, Michael. It's about time Phoronix has embraced the future

The new vbulletin release has more potential so why not look into it more?

Comment

Stupid 1 minute edit still here? blah!

here's a good site for vbulletin skins/themes

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                  Stupid 1 minute edit still here? blah!
                  Typepad spam filtering is now being used... but experimenting to see if it's actually working before jacking up the time limit.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                    The new vbulletin release has more potential so why not look into it more?
                    That I am so bottlenecked with other things already that I simply don't have the time to explore the new vBulletin to the fullest extent.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      That I am so bottlenecked with other things already that I simply don't have the time to explore the new vBulletin to the fullest extent.
                      No worries, of course only when your time permits

And one thing, what happened to multi-quote? Can't find the button for toggling multi-quote.

As for the edit time limit, why not bump it to 1 hr then if no problems allow 24 hrs edit time limit?

Comment

Working...
                      X