Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Back-in-time updated again; http://pastebin.com/BY5QXu2S

    Comment


    • I'm not particularily fond of this new theme. The dark theme was comfortable and easy on the eyes. This looks brutish, halfbaked, and I don't think it conforms that well with the rest of the website like the old forums.

      If it ain't broken, don't fix it. (Well, apparently the spam control was broken, but it's no reason to break everything else too.)

      Besides, I don't know how much you know about vBulletin, but they've gone pretty much downhill since they were bought up and the original team left. Were involved with a few scandals, too. I'd stay with what's old and known to be working well.

      Comment


      • Another post because of the 1 minute edit rule.

        Ever consider a FOSS alternative? For a website that mainly deals with FOSS software, it's worth a thought. The arch forums use FluxBB (http://fluxbb.org/), which looks like it would fulfill the needed functionality of 99% of the users here.

        Comment


        • After the update, I can't seem to stay logged in after browser restarts.

          Yes, the cookies are stored. Yes, it worked before the update.

          Comment


          • So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
              So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.
              Geez, give the guy some time. It has only been a week.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Geez, give the guy some time. It has only been a week.
                Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                  So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.
                  It's on my TODO list.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                    Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....
                    Presumably he wants to make any alternate themes look good, so he isn't bombarded with complaints about how terrible the new one is, and how it would be so much better if blah, blah, blah, was exactly how I like it. Because you know that's exactly what's going to happen anyway.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                      Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....
                      If you're really that impatient then try my theme, it's a page or two back and I'll be updating it tomorrow as I just got a few more screenshots of the old look.

                      Far from perfect but it works.

                      I'm also looking for a way to remove an empty space between two elements if anyone knows...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
                        I'm also looking for a way to remove an empty space between two elements if anyone knows...
                        Well, it rather depends on why the elements aren't together in the first place. float:left or right might help, or might not.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                          Well, it rather depends on why the elements aren't together in the first place. float:left or right might help, or might not.
                          Or top:10px; left:10px is another way - assuming the elements are relatively positioned it will adjust their location by that much.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            It's on my TODO list.
                            Cool, thanks! Good to hear.

                            Comment


                            • I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but the forum search will not find any post written prior to the forum upgrade. It appears that the search index needs to be regenerated from scratch. Michael, can you please look into it?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                                I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but the forum search will not find any post written prior to the forum upgrade. It appears that the search index needs to be regenerated from scratch. Michael, can you please look into it?
                                I second this. Search does not return anything prior to the upgrade.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X