No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Test Suite Is Running On Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that are pulling it in via WU, I highly recommend doing a cleanup on your system first. Uninstall unused programs and bloatware. Disable unneeded startup processes. Run several malware scanners. Basically just make sure the existing windows is running good before you start the upgrade. I was up most of the night last night fixing failed upgrades to get them ready for this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Spot on, mate.
      Obviously the 10+ years of Linux hardware and software reviews are a ploy to actually promote Windows 10. Luckily, you saw right through all that.
      Your answer doesn't solve the question. I've asked if he is paid to make propaganda to micro$oft new $hit $ystem.

Comment

As you like Unigine please add DX11 and hopefully soon a DX12 profile. This shows different driver optimisations best. On Windows SLI/CF would work as well. As you have got some rebranded cards you can use those in CF.

Comment

Comparing OpenGL performance between Windows 10 and Linux is largely academic. DirectX 12 is the real bread and butter of Windows 10 and it no doubt destroys OpenGL (any driver implementation of it) when it comes to drawcall performance. We'll have to wait for Vulkan to have anything comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
            Good to hear that it's better than windows 8, although that's not really saying much as even windows 3.11 is better than 8.
            Pretty much, this. Saying an OS is better than Windows 8, doesn't mean much. It's like a restaurant review, claiming the steak dinner tastes better than a pile of feces.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's better... There aren't many changes except the UI, and it got even uglier. The settings application is ridiculously ugly and plain. And now half of the UI has ClearType and the other (apps) has only grayscale font AA, which is very annoying and doesn't seem consistent. But Steam runs on it, that's the only reason I boot Windows nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
                Comparing OpenGL performance between Windows 10 and Linux is largely academic. DirectX 12 is the real bread and butter of Windows 10 and it no doubt destroys OpenGL (any driver implementation of it) when it comes to drawcall performance. We'll have to wait for Vulkan to have anything comparable.
                Seeing as OpenGL is the only cross-platfom graphics API, I'd like to be able to compare implementations.

Comment

Well, now it at least does not looks like awful unusable shit like Win8 has been. In fact it reminds me ... okay, it now looks more or less similar to XFCE theme I've been using last 5 years or so. Though my windows captions are looking better to my taste - win10 still got these primitive and ugly captions similar to win8.

So, I'm sorry, Microsoft, but you're too late, too proprietary and hell knows what you would do with next version of windows again. So I would stay with Linux. It also allows me to build custom embedded systems, etc. Its both fun and profit. Not something one can easily do with Windows at all. Internet of things awaits. And it wouldn't be windows based for sure. Yeah, another battle for future techs MS going to lose.

Comment

So there is a catch... http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/30/windo...solitaire.html
                    I guess that means you won't be benchmarking Solitaire

Comment

Initial Windows 10 benchmarks vs. Fedora Linux - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...iris6200&num=1
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X