Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested In Linux Benchmarks Of The AMD "Carrizo" A8-7410?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go for it. The way AMD is going right now the machine may be a collectors item in 2016. Last of the AMD's and all.

Comment

Yes this will be nice.

Comment

I'd like to see one as well. I run a blog and write articles documenting budget computers and their performance in the GNU/Linux world. Seeing some figures for Carrizo-L would be insightful.

Comment

found an A10-8700P Carrizo for $450.
          Last edited by Michael; 21 August 2015, 09:39 AM.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            found an A10-8700P Carrizo for $450.
            Debating whether to buy it instead or whether it's worth it.... From what I've seen in few places, looks like 8700P is pretty slow.

Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Debating whether to buy it instead or whether it's worth it.... From what I've seen in few places, looks like 8700P is pretty slow.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...?cm_cat=592158
              I wouldn't go for it. For benchmarking purposes, cheap laptops aren't worth it since they have to keep throttling performance. But, at least that CPU is Excavator, which is nice. I'd wait for an actual desktop part, or maybe a mini-PC.

Comment

I've been looking for real benchmarks of the Carrizo 2-module APUs with decent graphics. My 2009 13" Macbook (C2D, GF9400M) is getting a bit long in the tooth for gaming purposes, and I've been contemplating a carrizo replacement (in the 13-14" range).

I'd love to get a decent replacement for my current laptop that still has good battery life and portability, and the openness of the AMD chips would allow me to do radeonsi/clover work from my laptop instead of just my desktop (which I get to actually use maybe twice a month).

Just make sure to get a full carrizo, not the carrizo-l.

My preference is for a R6/R7 graphics (one of the bigger Carrizos), but if you want to save the cash, we can try to estimate performance based on the differences in specs.

Also, note that the model of laptop on that office depot site maxes out at 8GB ram, and only looks like it's single-channel DDR3L.

Comment

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...?cm_cat=592158
                  It depends on how it's configured. TDP range is from 12-35W and OEMs can configure it depending on the system. Based on tests so far Carrizo is pretty good in perf-per-watt front esecially if graphics are taken into account. There is a big jump from mobile Kaveri.

This system might be configured for 15W since it falls in craptop category. It also has a single-channel memory configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by lima View Post

It also has a single-channel memory configuration.

rant-start.....
                    I really don't get the idea for O.E.M's to put single channel ram into APU laptops....
                    It makes total sense for marketing for intel though...

Seriously..... AMD really need to contract some O.E.M's to build some decent subnotebooks.
                    I think the marketing manager in AMD takes take whole responsibility for this.
                    You don't really know how to sell your product like for real........

Comment

Ax-7xxx is not Carrizo (not even Carrizo-L IIRC), so this is a no for me.
                      The A10-8700 may be interesting though (even though I'm more interested in FX-8800P myself, but you barely get to see any of those).

Comment

Working...
                      X