SilverStone Temjin TJ04-E Evolution
As mentioned in the behind the scenes tour of my office, over the years SilverStone has been one of my favorite computer case manufacturers with constantly putting out stunning, near-perfect designs, great features, and just wonderful products whether you're a gamer/enthusiast or just pride yourself on having a beautiful enclosure. The latest SilverStone case I have had a chance to test out is the Temjin TJ04-E Evolution. Is it another winner? Oh yes.
SilverStone's original Temjin TJ04 chassis was introduced eight years ago and was an extremely successful enclosure for enthusiasts. Similar to SilverStone introducing other -E Evolution models to revise successful products from the past, they have now done the same to the TJ04. SilverStone has freshened up the TJ04 by overhauling the interior while keeping the exterior mostly the same. Among the evolutionary improvements to the TJ04 were moving the power supply to the bottom of the chassis, expanding the storage possibility, making room for solid-state drives, and allowing for the largest graphics cards of this decade to be installed within the TJ04.
- 7mm aluminum front panel, steel body
- 4 x 5.25-inch external drive bays
- 9 x 3.5-inch internal drive bays
- 6 x 2.5-inch internal drive bays
- Up to 7 120mm fans
- 8 expansion slots
- Front-panel USB 3.0 and audio connectivity
- 9.6 kilogram weight
- 214 x 489 x 489 mm dimensions
- SSE-CEB, ATX, micro-ATX motherboard compatibility
- Positive pressure design for effective dust reduction
- Support eight expansion slots and extra long graphic cards up to 17 inches
- Classically styled 7mm thick aluminum front panel
- Quick access and removal for fan filters
- Smart backside cable routing design
- Motherboard back plate opening for quick CPU cooler assembly
- Support up to nine 3.5-inch hard drives and multiple 2.5-inch drive slots
- Built-in innovative hard drive cooler
- Includes two custom SATA cable for improved cable management
The TJ04-E is offered in two SKUs: SST-TJ04B-E and SST-TJ04B-EW. Both units are colored black while the later model offers a side-panel window. Like all of the SilverStone Temjin cases tested in the past at Phoronix, the TJ04-E arrived well protected and without any damage to the chassis. In the box next to the case was a separate box containing all of the mounting hardware and other accessories for installation. As some extras this time for the Evolution model are two short Serial ATA power cables and hard drive heatsinks.