Linux 5.19 Features: AMD SEV-SNP + Zen 4 Prep, Intel TDX + IFS, LoongArch, Big TCP, Apple M1 NVMe
Graphics / Display:
- Nearly half a million lines of new code!
- A lot of new IP block enablement work for AMD RDNA3 graphics launching later this year along with next-gen CDNA Instinct accelerators.
- Intel DG2/Alchemist PCI IDs for "motherboard down" designs.
- Intel Raptor Lake P graphics support, building off the existing code paths.
- The compute engine ABI is now exposed for DG2/Alchemist hardware.
- A power quirk for DG2/Alchemist GPUs for hopefully ensuring PCIe Active-State Power Management (ASPM) gets successfully enabled.
- ASpeed AST driver support for DisplayPort.
- Rockchip VOP2 support.
- Support for a new entry-level RDNA2 "Beige Goby" variant.
- MediaTek Vcodec support for stateless VP8 and VP9 codecs.
File-Systems / Storage:
- Numerous notable Btrfs file-system improvements from sub-page support for any PAGE_SIZE greater than 4K to sub-page support for Btrfs native RAID 5/6 modes to other additions.
- Apple M1 NVMe controller support.
- A lot of new code for the XFS file-system.
- FAT16/FAT32 file creation/birth time reporting via the statx system call.
- NTFS3 kernel driver fixes have been merged for finally addressing some maintenance issues with this NTFS kernel driver contributed to the kernel last year by Paragon Software.
- Various F2FS enhancements and routine updates for EROFS and EXT4.
- NFSv3 Courteous Server support.
- eMMC support for using TRIM to zero-out sectors.
- Support for IDMAPPED layers with OverlayFS.
- A big performance fix for exFAT.
- Many IO_uring improvements.