Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics On Linux 4.5 + Mesa 11.3-devel
With having the Core i7 5775C system out of the server racks when carrying out this week's six-way Linux distribution comparison, I carried out some additional tests of the high-performance Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics. This article is to serve as some fresh Iris Pro 6200 Graphics tests on Linux when upgrading to Linux 4.5, Mesa 11.3-devel Git, and switching to DRI3 rendering.
For those interested in the high-performance Iris Pro graphics performance, the comparison today from the Core i7 5775C Broadwell system includes:
- Ubuntu 15.10 with Linux 4.2 and Mesa 11.0.2.
- The daily install of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in its current development form with Linux 4.4 and Mesa 11.1.2.
- Ubuntu 16.04 upgraded to Mesa 11.3-devel via the Oibaf PPA.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with Linux 4.4 and Mesa 11.3-devel while enabling DRI3 rendering rather than the current default of DRI2.
- Using the Ubuntu 16.04 stack with the manual switching to Mesa 11.3-devel and DRI3 plus upgrading to the Linux 4.5 Git kernel.
This should offer a nice look at the latest Linux performance potential of the Core i7 5775C with Iris Pro 6200 graphics. All of the OpenGL benchmarks for this article were carried out via the fully-automated, open-source Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software.