Valve Publishes New Steam Deck FAQ With A Few New Details Shared
Besides answering questions like the charging cable length, the Steam Deck FAQ does confirm a few interesting bits of information:
- The Steam Deck UI aims to ultimately replace the existing Steam Big Picture Mode albeit in stages.
- Improvements to Proton intended for the Steam Deck, like around anti-cheat, will also be available to Proton on the desktop. In other words, anti-cheat improvements will also benefit traditional Linux gamers. We expected all Proton improvements to be carried over, but now at least officially confirmed.
- The Steam Deck will support the "Add A Game" feature similar to Steam on the desktop.
- The Steam Deck is not optimized for VR gaming/headsets.
- Multi-boot will be supported on Steam Deck for easily enabling multiple operating systems to be present, including boot from the microSD storage.
- Making use of the microSD card with the Steam Deck will default to using the EXT4 file-system with case-folding (case insensitivity) enabled.
The FAQ in full can be found on SteamDeck.com.