Phoronix Test Suite 10.2.2 Released For Automated Open-Source Benchmarking
Building off last month's Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 quarterly feature release, Phoronix Test Suite 10.2.2 ships a few fixes and minor improvements before switching focus to Phoronix Test Suite 10.4 that is due out in Q2.
The key highlights with Phoronix Test Suite 10.2.2 include:
- The phoronix-test-suite enable-repo sub-command is added for more easily enabling third-party repositories from OpenBenchmarking.org for different user-created, unofficial test profiles and test suites. The enable-repo sub-command makes it easier to activate this functionality compared to the previous manual enabling path.
- A few result viewer tweaks along with the ability to rename test runs within the result file rather than having to use the phoronix-test-suite rename-result-identifier-in-result-file sub-command.
- Continued fixes around PHP 8.0 changes.
- Various external dependency updates for fetching possibly needed packages on different Linux distributions and BSDs.
- Phodevi now always exports the $GPU_DEVICE_ID environment variable for tests (primarily commercial games) needing to specify the GPU PCI device ID as part of their configuration file. Adding this new $GPU_DEVICE_ID environment variable makes it easier for such niche cases of needing to have the device ID handy for such test profile purposes without resorting to redundant custom GPU device ID detection.
- Other small fixes and tweaks.
- The local ob-cache of tests/suites for those running offline (no Internet access) has been updated against the latest OpenBenchmarking.org state of the official tests. We are up to 633 unique test profiles that can be run via the Phoronix Test Suite currently and more than 2,100 test revisions and 257 test suites (a collection of test profiles) in total.
Phoronix Test Suite 10.2.2 is available from GitHub.