Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 M1 Released, The Start Of Hammerfest
The first development milestone release of Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 "Hammerfest" is now available for those wishing to run our latest code for our Linux/Windows/OSX/BSD/Solaris GPL benchmarking software.
The Phoronix Test Suite 6.x codenames are back to being after towns in Norway as was the case with PTS 1/2/3/4. The Phoronix Test Suite 6.x codenames all originate from within the county of Finnmark. Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 is codenamed "Hammerfest."
This first tagged development milestone update for Phoronix Test Suite 6.0, which will be officially released later this calendar year, is poised to bring a number of new features to the benchmarking software itself and the bundled Phoromatic test orchestration/management software.
Some of the changes completed for Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 Milestone 1 include a number of low-level performance optimizations, much faster graph rendering for PTS/Phoromatic, a performance-per-dollar calculator module for use during testing, various hardware/software detection improvements, BcacheFS file-system detection, a handful of fixes, and other enhancements.
Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 Milestone 1
26 August 2015
- pts-core: Show estimated date/time next to estimated duration left on tests
- pts-core: Support /usr/lib/os-release for stateless systems
- pts-core: Allow listing multiple items via the info sub-command
- pts-core: Add new test profile parsing back-end
- pts-core: Unconditionally always ensure __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=0
- pts-core: Fixes for test profile validation following recent restructuring
- pts-core: WebSocket fixes
- pts-core: Fix bash completion
- phoromatic: Improvements when server addressing setup fails
- pts_Graph: Support reporting a min result on graphs when there is no max value to be reported
- toggle_screensaver: GNOME 3 update
- perf_per_dollar: Add performance-per-dollar calculator module based on environment variable input
- system_monitor: Support reporting a meta/overall performance-per-Watt result at end of result file when activated
- phodevi: Add BcacheFS superblock
This development version of the Phoronix Test Suite open-source benchmarking software can be downloaded from Phoronix-Test-Suite.com or our GitHub site. Commercial support, custom engineering engagements, and other services are available by contacting us.
Expect a lot more feature work to happen later this Phoronix Test Suite 6.0 "Hammerfest" development cycle.
Add A Comment