Freedreno Gallium3D Is Passing 90%+ Of Piglit Tests
Among the highlights for Rob's first Freedreno blog update in a while include:
- They're now hitting over a 90% pass ratio for Piglit compared to around 50% just a half-year ago.
- Freedreno Gallium3D is hitting around an ~85% of OpenGL 3.0 compliance even without Qualcomm's proprietary driver exposing such support. With some lucky register guesses and emulating some GL3 features not supported by the hardware is how they're achieiving this feat.
- Ilia Mirkin who has long been involved with the Nouveau open-source NVIDIA driver has been recently contributing to Freedreno.
- The xf86-video-freedreno 1.3.0 release is worth the upgrade.
- The apq8064/ifc6410 hardware is close to reaching upstream support with the Linus mainline kernel source tree.
- The DRM/MSM KMS driver done by Rob as part of Freedreno has seen some basic GPU performance and logging debugfs features, DeviceTree support for the MDP4, LVDS and multi-monitor support for the MDP4, and MDP5 v1.3 support.
Find out more via Rob's Blogspot post. Rob also passed along a picture of WebGL with Firefox running on Freedreno.