Show Your Support: Did you know that the hundreds of articles written on Phoronix each month are mostly authored by one individual? Phoronix.com doesn't have a whole news room with unlimited resources and relies upon people reading our content without blocking ads and alternatively by people subscribing to Phoronix Premium for our ad-free service with other extra features.
MIPS Has An "Unusually Large Pull" For Linux 3.19 Kernel
Among the MIPS changes for Linux 3.19 are:
- Debug improvements like better backtraces on SMP systems and improving the backtrace code used by oprofile.
- Octeon platform code clean-ups.
- Loongson platform code clean-ups along with other improvements for Loongson 3.
- Many improvements to Loongson 1B.
- Platform improvements for Broadcom BMIPS.
- Optimizations for microMIPS.
- Various code clean-ups.
More details on the MIPS changes for Linux 3.19 can be found via this Git pull that was already accepted by Linus Torvalds. Linux 3.19 will be the first major kernel release of 2015.