openSUSE 13.1 M2 Plays On PulseAudio 4.0
OpenSUSE 13.1 Milestone 1 was released in mid-May with various changes. In the past month, some of the openSUSE 13.2 Milestone 2 changes include:
- PulseAudio 4.0 is the sound server with the many features it brings over PA 3.0.
- OpenSUSE LiveCDs are now constructed using OverlayFS and with that comes persistent hybrid support, to optionally preserve file contents across reboots.
- GTK+ 3.9.0 is the new GNOME tool-kit release.
- The Linux 3.10-rc4 kernel is used as a development release of the very exciting kernel upgrade.
- Mozilla Firefox 21 is the web-browser being used.
- QEMU 1.5.0 is offered for many improvements to the Linux virtualization stack.
These are just some of the changes to openSUSE 13.1 M2, which will be officially released in November. More details on the changes can be found via news.opensuse.org.